Sindh govt suspends SBCA DG over Lyari building collapse: minister

Sindh govt suspends SBCA DG over Lyari building collapse: minister | تازہ ترین پاکستان کی خبریں

Sindh govt suspends SBCA DG over Lyari building collapse: minister

Sindh govt suspends SBCA DG over Lyari building collapse: minister — Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has suspended the director general of the Sindh Building and Control Authority over the recentbuilding collapsein ...

Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has suspended the director general of the Sindh Building and Control Authority over the recentbuilding collapsein Karachi that claimed27 lives, a minister said on Monday.

The five-storey building on Fida Husain Shaikha Road in Lea Market had already been declared uninhabitable by authorities due to its dilapidated structure, with the SBCA saying it had issuedmultiple prior noticesto residents to vacate the structure since 2023.

In a recent statement, the SBCA noted that 588 buildings have been declared dangerous throughout Karachi, with 107 such buildings in Lyari alone.

“Today, the chief minister has also suspended the DG SCBA and has ordered the home minister to immediately register an FIR (first information report) on the incident and that strictest action be taken against all those involved,” Sindh Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon said.

He was addressing a press conference in Karachi alongside Sindh Home Minister Ziaul Hasan Lanjar and Local Government Minister Saeed Ghani.

“The chief minister has taken a very strict notice of this,” Memon asserted.

Noting the loss of 27 lives, he said: “The entire province, nation and all of us as the government representatives are saddened and equally share the grief of the bereaved families.”

More to follow

Back to blog

Leave a comment